Saturday, March 6, 2010

BRAzil

One of my students loves the Brazilian football team. So much he bought a sweater to show his support. And it looked like THIS!













As you can imagine, the moment I saw what was written on his shirt, I almost fell over. I went up to him and asked, "Do you know what your shirt says?"

And he confidently and proudly responded, "Brazil. It's my favorite football team."

"Well, your shirt literally says 'Bra'. Do you know what that means?"

He looked at me with confused eyes. What is this crazy English teacher talking about?

"Bra means 'sujetador' in English."

His eyes bulged wide open with surprise and then he blushed, looking embarrassingly down. However, soon after, a little small smile started to grow...

And ever since then, he wears this shirt with a lot more pride.

Viva BRAzil! :-)

P.S. I put a smiley face on his face to protect confidentiality, but the smile fits perfectly with his actual face expression.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

HAHAHA! I love it! Poor young and impressionable Spanish boy :)

run.happy said...

So funny!